If you are looking for chickpea recipes, vegan snacks or alternatives to chocolate peanut clusters, this easy recipe is a perfect solutions. You’ll need 3 ingredients: roasted chickpeas, dark chocolate and coconut oil. It’s a wonderful chickpea recipes with a good balance of salt and sugar.
To calculate the nutritional information, I summed up 1/2 cup of dark chocolate, 1 tbsp of coconut oil and a full bag (142 gr) of the sea salt roasted chickpea from Biena.
So here’s the recipe for one of my favorite vegan snacks: The salted chickpea dark chocolate clusters.
- 1 bag of roasted salted chickpea (142 gr)
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chunks
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
1. On a low heat, melt the coconut oil. Add the chocolate and simmer until smooth.
2. In a small bowl, mix the chickpeas and the melted chocolate.
3. Spread the mix on plate, on a parchemin paper.
4. Put the plate in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
5. Break into clusters.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 4gNet Carbohydrates: 13gProtein: 3g
This recipe is great as a allergen free replacement for chocolate peanut clusters.
Psst: I was inspired to do this recipe from The Conscious Plate Kitchen Blog. In their version, they take chickpeas from a can and roast them. My adaptation of the recipe is simply a lazy version. Enjoy!